Click here for prices.
Annual Federal Tax Refresher Course requirements.
Earn 6 hours of CE after successfully completing the Annual Federeal Tax Refresher (AFTR) Course.
Certain unenrolled preparers are exempt from the requirement to complete the Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR) Course in order to qualify for the "voluntary" Annual Filing Season Program's Record of Completion.
The IRS Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR) Course must be completed by December 31, 2017, for you to be included in the IRS Directory of Federal Tax Return Preparers with Credentials and Select Qualifications.
Comprehension test requirements.
- 100 Questions are in each version of the Final Exam. All Final Exam questions are multiple choice.
- Maximum of 3 hours is allowed to complete the 100-Question Final Exam. Once the 3-hour timer starts, we are not allowed to pause or restart it. If you start the AFTR Final Exam and then have to discontinue your exam, your 3-hour time limit will expire which may result in a failing score.
- Passing score is 70%.
- Final Exams may be retaken a maximum of 4 times.
- Final Exam "retakes" are free.
- The same version of a Final Exam may be taken twice. If you do not pass Final Exam #1 and Final Exam #2, then you may try again by selecting Final Exam #3. Final Exam # 1 and 2 are the same. Final Exam #3 and 4 are the same.
- Most students pass the AFTR on the first try. A few need two tries.